The Lancia Aurelia is a car that was produced by the Italian manufacturer Lancia. Designed by Vittorio Jano, the Aurelia was launched in 1950 and production lasted until the summer of 1958. The Aurelia used the first production V6 engine, a 60° design developed by Francesco de Virgilio who was, between 1943 and 1948 a Lancia engineer, and who worked under Jano.
The fourth series introduced the new de Dion tube rear suspension. The engine was changed from white metal bearings to shell bearings. An open car, the B24 Spider, was introduced at this time (1954 to 1955) and was well received. It was similar to the B20 coupé mechanically, with an 8 inch (203 mm) shorter wheelbase than the coupé. The fourth series cars were the first Aurelias to be available in left-hand drive; fourth series Aurelias were the first ones to be imported to the US in any number.
This superb Aurelia B20 S, handsomely finished in black has been subject to a 6 years comprehensive restoration by well-regarded marque specialist A. Cailler as reported in ‘La Vie De L’Auto’, which includes a report of the restoration, along with a number of pictures taken throughout the process. The car has also had the number of seats upgraded to four, which make the car a thoroughly useable family classic.