The original A7 was launched post War in 1946 and featured a 495cc version of their twin cylinder engine producing 26 bhp it was capable of 85 mph, It was revised in 1950 with an improved 497 cc version capable of 90 mph !
Although its name was changed to the Star Twin and later the Shooting Star the BSA A7 continued in production with minor modifications until 1961.
This late production model from ’61 was acquired by the vendor in 1989. It was subsequently fully restored, a small history file with the bike show bills for a rebore and new pistons at +060”. We gather since the work was completed the bike was stored in a private collection virtually unused. Remaining in excellent condition throughout, buyers should carryout checks before road use. It is also supplied with a owners workshop manual, and some old MoT’s.