Originally a bicycle manufacturer – and arguably best-known as a maker of fine racing motorcycles – Edoardo Bianchi built his first automobile in the early 1900s. A wide variety of models was manufactured over the next thirty years, though by 1940 the firm was concentrating on motorcycles and commercial vehicles. Car manufacture resumed in 1957 under FIAT auspices, Autobianchi’s debut model being the Bianchina, based on FIAT’s new 500.
Positioned up-market from the FIAT, the Bianchina debuted as the Transformable coupe, with full-length folding sunroof, and showed clear signs of American influence, its size excepted, exemplified by two-tone paintwork, whitewall tires and plentiful chrome. In 1960 the newly introduced and more powerful FIAT 500D engine became standard equipment on the Bianchina range which was augmented by two new models: a Cabriolet and the Panoramica estate car that used the FIAT Giardiniera’s space-saving horizontally-opposed engine. A fourth version, the Quattroposti saloon, arrived the following year.
This Bianchina Panoramica is in its original colour with white roof, it has never been restored and is already in good condition, having covered only 16,000 kilometres. Old original Italian Libretto is with the car, a true an Italian legend of the 1960s.
Dieser Bianchina Panoramica mit seiner ursprünglichen Farbe und weißem Autodach, ist nie restauriert worden und wird in einem gutem Zustand angeboten. Das Auto ist nur 16.000 km gefahren und wird mit seinem original italienischen Libretto übergeben