The 2CV Van was launched in 1950 as the AU. In 1954 the engine was uprated from 375cc to 425cc, and the model renamed AZU. This model was to remain in production until 1972, with many detail changes over the years, and was the last A-Series to keep ‘old-style’ mechanicals, with 425 engine and chassis-mounted pedal gear.
With only one previous owner from new, this remarkable AK400 has in its current ownership undergone a comprehensive restoration bringing the car back to its former glory. Recorded as having travelled a modest 72,500km from new, this is the car for any serious classic car collector with an interest in Citroens.
Purchased by the seller in 1999, included in the cars history file one will even find period photos of its first owner, so fastidiously kept is its history. Restored by Citroen specialists “Chateau deux Chevaux” in 2003, the car has since been used only as a classic car should; for occasional sunny-day drives.