The Model C, one of Cadillacs earliest successful production cars of the Edwardian era continued on the majority. It continued on many of the successful cassis components, but its hood and radiator used very similar components to the Model F. Unlike the Model F however, its tonneau was detachable which was very practical for multi-weather use. Riding on a 1,829 mm wheelbase, it came available as either as a touring or as a cheaper more lightweight runabout car.
The 1905 models were introduced in December, 1904 which heralded the first appearance of a Cadillac script on the radiator (it was sometimes added by subsequent owners to earlier models), and the Cadillac coat of arms. All of these earlier models were 1-cylinder and had a 9HP motor with, what is quite surprisingly innovative, modified support of friction bands on planetary gears.
This beautiful 1905, four seat ‘Tourer’ that we have on offer today, is presented in very pleasant all round condition. Having clearly benefitted from considerable refurbishment in recent years, its coachwork and upholstery are in excellent order. The impressive array of gleaming brass lighting equipment that this car carries, is always a delight to see considering its age! What we have on offer today is a wonderful example of the larger and more practical Touring version of the Model C, fitted with many of its necessary equipment, a truly lovely specimen of Edwardian automobile.