The Fiat 509 was a model of car produced by Italian automotive manufacturer Fiat between 1925 and 1929 as a replacement for the 501. In 1926 the car was upgraded to the 509A. In addition to as the standard car, there were 509S and 509SM sports models, as well as taxi and commercial versions. Presented at the Milan Show 1925
The SM Sport version, weight lightened gathered enough features to include it as one of the fastest cars of the time, with only 665Kg. and a mechanical 4-cylinder 990cc exceeded 90 km / h.
Since the origins of the brand, the competitive spirit was evident, developing in each of the new models one Sport version and argued that characterized the model. The vehicle that we reflect in this article, has been restored in full, based on an original chassis and following all the guidelines and original manufacturing systems.
The car was ordered through the Ortelli garage of Cannes in 1927 and the body type ‘Spinto Monza’ was assembled in the factory of Brandone in Cannes. The date of the first registration in France dates to 26 Jan 1928.
The car was most likely commissioned by Mr. M. Schlumberger of Antibes, part of the prominent Schlumberger family. According to FIAT documentation, Ortelli produced two FIAT 509 SM; one with a compressor and one without, from two transformable chassis of a FIAT 509 S.
This example is the model without the supercharger. This car remained in France and still retains its French number plate.
Some documents are available, for example a certificate from Fiat Auto France and the invoice for work done by the Ortelli Garage together with the correspondence with the customer and the list of the spare parts. The car also comes with its FIVA passport.
|Auction||Schloss Dyck August 2016|
|Day of Auction||N/A|
|Registration Number||EU Registered|
Call Coys Auction Dept for more info or use the enquiry form below.