Subject to £80,000 Restoration
The MG car company was first formed in 1925 by William Morris and belonged to him until 1935 when he sold the company to his holding company Morris Motors Limited, who opened the company up to public shares and investment in 1936, the last year of the P series.
The MG PA was part of the P range of MG’s consisting of the PB and the PA that were produced by MG (Morris Garages) between 1934 and 1936. Both variants were produced as either airline coupes or open top roadsters. The early PA’s were equipped with a 847cc engine with a 3-bearing crankshaft, improved overhead camshaft and twin OM-model SU carburettors.
An improved version of the engine used in the 1928 Morris Minor and Wolseley 10. It used half-elliptic springs all round with rigid front and rear axles. The steering box was initially a Marles Weller box and was later switched to the Bishop Cam system. The two seaters had wheelbases of 87 inches and a track of 42 inches. Only 2000 PA’s were ever produced making it both desirable and very collectable.
This exceptional PA was owned by the current vendor from 1964 to 1972 and was bought back in 2013 when he rediscovered it. From 2013 to 2016 this most elegant of British sports cars was subjected to an exhaustive restoration to the tune of approximately £80,000 with Robin Lackford engineering.
As part of this extensive work a new Volumax supercharger was fitted and the car was taken back to the chassis. Not only does the car present exceptionally well but it also comes with the original buff log books and two thick files of history. Only sparingly used since completion, this is certainly one of the best PA’s we have seen and is worth the closest of inspections.
|Auction||Blenheim Palace 2019|
|Auction Date||29th June 2019|
|Day of Auction||Day 1 - Saturday|
|Registration Number||UK Registered|
Call Coys Auction Dept for more info or use the enquiry form below.