The Adler Trumpf Junior is a small family car introduced by the Frankfurt based manufacturer early in 1934. The Adler Trumpf had by now been available for two years, and the Trumpf Junior was conceived as a similar but smaller car which would broaden the range and claim a share of a growing market which DKW were creating with their F1 model, and its successors, for small inexpensive front wheel drive cars.
The Trumpf Junior’s development was a shared responsibility between Hans Gustav Röhr and his colleague and friend, Adler chief engineer Josef Dauben. The engine was a four cylinder, four stroke 995cc side-valve unit. Claimed maximum power was of 25 PS (18 kW; 25 hp) at 4,000 rpm. This supported a claimed top speed of 90 km/h (56 mph). Power was delivered to the front wheels via a four speed manual transmission controlled by means of a column mounted lever. The Trumpf met with great success in races before the war, especially at Le Mans where it had several victories.
The Adler factory was destroyed during the second World War and production of Adler cars came to a halt and as such today only a few remain in a condition as good as this example. The Trumpf Junior on offer today was restored in 1992 to a very high standard. It has been with the Museum since 2000, who assure us it is good condition throughout. Finished in light green with a matching dark green interior, it is hard to find an example in such good condition and will make an interesting and rare addition to any collection.