A landmark model for the Stuttgart-based manufacturer, the four-cylinder, 1.7-litre 170 V was introduced in 1936 and formed the mainstay of Mercedes-Benz production in the immediate post-war years. Most of the cars produced, and an even higher proportion of those that survive, were two or four door “Limousine” bodied cars, but the range of different body types offered in the 1930’s for the 170 V was unusually broad. A common feature of the 170 V bodies was external storage of the spare wheel on the car’s rear panel.
Fitted with an Asi plate and clearly recognised by the registry, we are certain that this military specification 170V has some stories to tell. Recently restored and still equipped with many period features. A true head turner.
Offered at No Reserve on 18th May 2019 at Chiswick House.