fbpx

Lot 137 - 1948 Jaguar MK IV Drophead Coupe

Subscribe to our Newsletter

€87,150

Auction “43rd Oldtimer Grand Prix” August 2015
Auction Date
Day of Auction

Lot Details

Lot Number 137
Reg. Number EU Taxes Paid
Chassis Number 637136
Year
Make
Model

+44 208 614 7888

Call Coys Auction Dept for more info
or use the enquiry form below.

Search

Enter the make/model/year you are interested in:

Description

The 1945-1948 Jaguar MK IVs, Jaguar’s first cars after World War II, were essentially continuations of the 1938-39 models. Most were four-door saloons and shared the same body shell, but the 1 ½ litre model rode a six-inch shorter wheelbase and had a four- instead of six-cylinder engine.

The first car to bare the legendary Jaguar name after 1945 (SS having been dropped for understandable marketing reasons after the war), the MK IV Jaguar is felt by many to be the epitome of British car design of its era. The huge chrome head lamps, sweeping wings and running boards, luxurious leather interior and French polished wood, all speak of style and opulence.

Even the 1 ½ litre was capable of a respectable maximum of about 70mph; the 3 ½ litre could reach over 90mph, well among the class leaders.

This untouched and restored example is fitted with the desirable 3.5-litre engine and is one of only 376 built. Originally delivered new to Qvale Motors of San Francisco, California – the first distributor for Jaguar cars on the Pacific West coast – in June 1948, the car is supplied with documentation going back to 1957 and has been with its last owner, Mr Carr of Fort Lauderdale, since April 1967. Finished in matching suede green with a suede green interior, the car is described as being in good condition throughout and is supplied with EU taxes paid documents and US Certificate of Title.

It is rare for an unmolested 3 ½ litre post-war Jaguar of this age and condition to come to the market; an historic car which would make a worthy and welcome addition to any collection of motor cars.

Dieses unversehrte und restaurierte Stück ist mit dem begehrten 3.5-Liter-Motor ausgerüstet und ist eines von nur 376 gefertigten Autos dieser Art. Ursprünglich wurde es im Juni 1948 an Qvale Motors in San Franciscos, Kalifornien ausgeliefert, dem ersten Auslieferer für Jaguar Autos an der pazifischen Westküste. Weitergegeben wird das Auto mitsamt Dokumenten die zurück bis 1957 gehen. Im Besitz von Herrn Carr aus Fort Lauderdale, war der Wagen seit April 1967.
Fabriziert in einem in schickem Grün mit ebenfalls grünem Wildleder Interieur, wird der Wagen als in einem guten Gesamtzustand beschrieben und wird mit EU-Steuer-Dokumenten und US-Kraftfahrzeugbrief übergeben.

Es ist sehr selten, dass ein solch unversehrter 3 1/2-Liter Jaguar aus der Nachkriegszeit seines Alters und Zustands auf dem Markt angeboten wird. Ein historischer Wagen, der eine wertvolle Ergänzung zu jeder Sammlung wäre.


Enquire

Your name

Email

Telephone

Message

Join the COYS Connoisseur Club and receive monthly COYS newsletters, regular updates & exclusive member benefits.