Originally supplied with Ford “Flathead” V8 engines for the home market, and with either Cadillac or Chrysler options for US-bound cars, the Allard K2 was a logical development of the earlier K1. It featured a smoother aluminium body, and a change from leaf spring to the technically superior coil spring front suspension, thereby improving both handling and quality of ride.
This example, one of just 119 built, was a home market car with a documented five owners from new until it was exported to Switzerland in 1971. A comprehensive restoration was then embarked upon, and a full photographic record of this is available for inspection. The car received a FIVA passport in 2004 and Swiss registration documents shortly thereafter, being registered
in Zürich with the registration number ZH 252 658 in June 2008.
In 2010 the car found its way to the Swiss Pantheon Automobile Museum of Basel.
The vendor remarks that the K2 has been driven occasionally and is in good overall
working condition. With ownership fully substantiated from new, this beautiful and rare Allard sports roadster from 1951 is surely not to be missed by enthusiasts and collectors of this fine British marque.
NOTE : If the car remains within the EU, tax will have to be paid at the reduced rate on its purchase price.