The Alvis TB21 on offer today was despatched from the Alvis works on 31st January 1952 to B. Waterhouse & Sons, Ltd., 80-82 Manningham Lane, Bradford, Yorkshire, and was finished in grey over cream leather. Options included a Rear axle 3.77/1 J.51/30, windscreen washer fitted, MPH speedometer, headlamps double dip left. Unusually, the car was delivered with a rare aluminium hard top covered with Cobalt Blue hide and a Jaguar MK5 rear window made by A. P. Metalcraft in 1952.
According to the TB21 Alvis register, the car was owned by a Mr McIntyre of Bradford between 1952 and 1962. The car subsequently changed hands to a Mr Howlett of Reading, Berkshire, and from 1971 was owned by Mr Walden of Havent, Hampshire.
The car was then purchased by Mr Cummins of Woodsetton, Worcestershire, and in 1977 it appears to have changed hands to a Mr Croft, who kept the car in long term storage until 1990. The history file contains a wonderful photo of chassis 25140 (when owned by the McIntyre in the 1950s), and old papers including the Log book.
Offered for restoration and with boxes of spare parts, this car would make a wonderful addition to any collection. Rarely are these little cars offered for sale on the open market, especially with such a realistic reserve.
For further information or to arrange a viewing, please contact our sales department.