An icon of 1950‘s British motorcycling Edward Turner’s all alloy 500cc engined bike was a ‘sports’ version of his already successful Triumph Speed Twin, the ‘100’ referred to its claimed maximum speed of 100 miles per hour.
The pre War production bikes were cut short with the bombing and total destruction of the Triumph works in Coventry in 1940 but production began again in ernest post war, but with new telescopic forks and in 1954 the first swinging-arm rear suspension models were available.
This early rigid frame model was first registered 18th July 1952 and is a matching number example, showing 65,478 miles it was re acquired by Don Hitchcock in 1991 after being supplied by J A Hitchcock and Sons in 1957 for the princely sum of £115.50 ! this bill of sale is in the history file.
A remarkably complete example it is also supplied with an original ‘buff logbook’, original registration number PKJ 263 and the current UK V5C logbook. A fantastic and worth while restoration project.