Giovanni Parrilla built his first motorcycle in 1946, dropping his surname’s second ‘r’ to call the machine a Parilla. The first Parilla motorcycle was a 250cc OHC single-cylinder racer, and although the company is best remembered for its 4-stroke models, Parilla also built a range of lightweight 2-strokes and supplied engines for kart racing, these being some of the most successful of their day.
In 1951 Parilla introduced a 125cc 2-stroke model – a commuter bike aimed at the Italian masses. A 150cc version followed two years later and this was available in three variants: the 56mph Turismo Speciale, the 62mph Sport and the Bracco which was the luxury tourer of the range with fuller mudguards, legshields, crashbars, a luggage rack and, for maximum comfort, a single sprung saddle in addition to the twin-shock rear suspension. In 1953 the Bracco’s advertising slogan was ‘Travel in a chair with elegance, economy and velvet roads’.
The 150 Bracco offered here is an original matching-numbers example that was expertly restored in Italy about 15 years ago by the previous owner – a knowledgeable Parilla enthusiast. It comes to sale with its Italian papers and Italian Motorcycle Federation certification.