Offered at No Reserve
In the early 1920’s, Stanley Engineering of Surrey manufactured the bulk of the UK’s self-propelled invalid carriages using the ‘Argson’ brand name. The introduction of the petrol engine was a natural progression as was electric battery power and by 1949, Stanley and other manufacturers like Harding Ltd, and Dingwall & Son had lucrative Ministry of Health contracts. The aftermath of the First and Second World Wars saw a need for vehicles to give mobility to those who could not drive a conventional car or motorcycle. The design of these machines was standardized between the wars, later models having greater range and performance.
Made since 1930 by Stanley Engineering of Egham, this tiller-steered machine has a 48V motor powered by standard 12V batteries and driving the rear axle. Bodywork was always of the open type and UPA 244 retailed at over £200 when new. It is welcomed by the Invalid Carriage Register and has potential for light estate use. In need of re-commissioning following years of museum display, it is complete with a current V5C and is offered with no reserve.
|Auction||Coys Fontwell June 2017|
|Day of Auction||N/A|
|Registration Number||UK Registered|
Call Coys Auction Dept for more info or use the enquiry form below.