The MG T series included the TA, TB, TC, TD, and TF models, a range of body-on-frame convertible sports car produced in sequence from 1936 through 1955. The last of these models, the TF, was replaced by the MGA. The TF launched in 1953 was a facelifted TD, fitted with the TD Mark II engine, headlights fared into the fenders, a sloping radiator grille, and a new pressurised cooling system along with a simulated external radiator cap. Production ended on 4 April 1955 after 9,602 TFs had been manufactured, including two prototypes and 3,400 TF1500s. The TF was superseded by the MGA.
This lovely matching number MG TF is an original RHD home market car, despatched to Henleys of Bristol on 14th May 1954, just in time for the summer. Interestingly the car was later exported to the USA, but repatriated in the 1990s and restored upon its return to the UK. This delightful MG has been maintained and cared for to a high standard, supported by an extensive history file, which includes a Heritage Certificate. For longer trips the the MG is supplied with a full tonneau and hood cover.
MG TFs offer the best of both worlds; stylish pre-war looks with the improved performance and usability of the post-war era. A lovely looking, usable car, and also an appreciating asset.