In 1947, Studebaker completely redesigned the Champion and the Commander, making them the first new cars after World War II. The styling included new rear window, flat front fenders, as well as convenience features like back light illumination for gauges and automatic courtesy lights.
The Champion made up 65.08% of the total sales for the automaker in 1947. Its 169.9 cu in (2.8.L) I6 engine produced 80 hp in 1947. In 1950, output was increased to 85 hp. Also, new styling (new grill, sheet metal, and rear end) was introduced, as well as an automatic transmission.
This later model, somewhat more powerful to its predecessor, is a truly wonderful example of this very important post-war. Having clearly been stored correctly and proudly looked after, bringing a neglected example to a similar condition to this would be a very expensive prospect indeed, making this particular car a very good purchase. Regularly driven and ready for its next custodian.
|Auction||Techno Classica Essen 2018|
|Day of Auction||N/A|
|Registration Number||EU Taxes Paid|
Call Coys Auction Dept for more info or use the enquiry form below.