Motobi was established in Pesaro, Italy in 1949, by Giuseppe Benelli, initially trading under the name Moto ‘B’ Pesaro. This was shortened to Motobi in the 1950s. After a family disagreement in 1948, Giuseppe Benelli, one of the six brothers and an engineer of some talent, decided to go his own way. He stayed in Pesaro, but moved to separate premises. Giuseppe launched the Moto ‘B’ marque selling small two-stroke motorcycles and scooters. In 1953, Motobi introduced a 200cc horizontal two-stroke twin called the B200 Spring Lasting. Its innovative pressed steel frame and horizontal cylinder layout were to become the trademark for many future Motobi bikes. The B200 motor was a clean, streamlined, very modern appearing unit, which was soon nicknamed the “egg” for its distinctive shape.
One of only 50 built this striking 250 CC Motobi is finished in red over black, and is in excellent mechanical and body condition.