After World War 2 the Heinkel Flugzeugwerke Company no longer built aircraft and instead concentrated on building micro cars and motorcycles. The Heinkel Kabine microcar was built between 1956 and 1958. Production began in March 1956 with the Kabine Model 150, using the 174cc 9.2 hp single cylinder four-stroke engine that powered the Heinkel Tourist scooter.
Later in that same year Heinkel introduced the Kabine Model 153 which had three wheels and the Kabine Model 154 which had four wheels. Both of these newer models had 204cc engines which later had to be reduced to 198cc for insurance purposes.
The Kabine has a steel body and access to the interior is gained by an opening front. In order not to infringe Iso Rivolta’s patent used on the Isetta, the steering wheel did not hinge outwards with the door to ease passenger access. However, it did feature a reverse gear, unlike some other bubble cars. The fabric sun roof served as an emergency escape hatch should the sole door in front become jammed in a collision.
This 1957 German specified Model 150 is believed to be one of the first to have been assembled at the Lincoin and Noble factory in Dublin prior to full production taking place in Dundalk in 1958. It was subject to an extensive restoration 8 years ago and since been kept dry in a garage and used only sparingly at national rallies. The vendor describes it as being in excellent condition and it comes with its original logbook, paperwork and manuals. The perfect vehicle to put a smile on your face whilst pottering around town.
|Auction||Schloss Dyck August 2016|
|Day of Auction||N/A|
|Registration Number||UK Registered|
Call Coys Auction Dept for more info or use the enquiry form below.