Produced in-house by Healey’s small car company in Warwick and based on Austin A90 Atlantic mechanicals, Donald Healey built a single ‘Healey Hundred’ for the 1952 London Motor Show. The design impressed Leonard Lord, Managing Director of Austin, so much that a deal was struck with Healey to build it in quantity at Austin’s Longbridge factory. The car was renamed the Austin-Healey 100. The ‘100’ name comes from Donald Healey, who selected the name from the car’s ability to reach 100mph, then a remarkable figure for a production car.
Following on from the successful Austin Healey 100, the second landmark model from this relatively new marque arrived in 1956, the 100-6. The 100-6 used a tuned version of the new BMC ‘C-series’ six cylinder engine in 2,639cc form. The new car had a longer wheelbase and featured a 2+2 interior; this model became known internally at BMC as the BN4.
This beautifully restored Austin Healey 100-6 was imported from the dry state of California, and treated to a mechanical restoration by a Dutch specialist in 2013 (which included the engine, gearbox and other components). As such the 100-6 is said to run and drive very well, whilst the paintwork is good, the leather interior is new, and wire wheels have been fitted.
Offered with a US title, and with all taxes paid, these Healeys offer fantastic fun with good investment potential.
|Auction||Interclassics Maastricht January 2017|
|Day of Auction||N/A|
|Registration Number||EU Taxes Paid|
Call Coys Auction Dept for more info or use the enquiry form below.