Produced in-house by Healey’s small car company in Warwick and based on Austin A90 Atlantic mechanicals, Donald Healey built a single ‘Healey Hundred’ for the 1952 London Motor Show. The design impressed Leonard Lord, Managing Director of Austin, so much that a deal was struck with Healey to build it in quantity at Austin’s Longbridge factory. The car was renamed the Austin-Healey 100. The ‘100’ name comes from Donald Healey, who selected the name from the car’s ability to reach 100mph, then a remarkable figure for a production car.
Following on from the successful Austin Healey 100, the second landmark model from this relatively new marque arrived in 1956, the 100-6. The 100-6 used a tuned version of the new BMC ‘C-series’ six cylinder engine in 2,639cc form. The new car had a longer wheelbase and featured a 2+2 interior; this model became known internally at BMC as the BN4.
Restored in the 1990s, this lovely Healey is described as being exceptionally well sorted and rust free. Pleasingly, the engine has been uprated to Healey 3000 specification, and full weather gear is provided, making this car perfect for long touring holidays or rallies. The front and rear bumpers have been removed from the car but are available.
Offered with UK V5, heritage certificate, current and previous MoTs, this highly capable British sportscar is very much on the button.
For further information or to arrange a viewing, please contact our sales department.