The final rendition of the XK appeared in May 1957. Easily identifiable by its higher scuttle and door line, and much wider grille, the XK150 retained the mechanical layout of its predecessor; in 210bhp XK150 S form, however, it marked a Jaguar first in having all-round disc brakes, an asset with 0-60mph acceleration of 8.5 seconds and a 125mph maximum. For 1960, the penultimate year of production, the 3,781cc engine was fitted, which in S guise produced 265bhp, sufficient for 132mph and 0-60mph in just 7.5 seconds.
First registered on the 19th May 1960, this fully matching numbers, manual/overdrive car was dispatched from new to the dealer Ritchies in Glasgow.
From the 1980s to the present day the car has enjoyed a huge amount of restoration and upgrade work, supported by a thick file of invoices totalling £85,000. Between 2013 and 2014 alone £25,000 was spent on upgrade work, which included a repaint in 2013.
Furthermore the car has benefitted from a number of sensible upgrades to improve performance and usability, such as electric power steering, the fitting of a Kenlowe fan, a stainless exhaust system, Koni shock absorbers with new springs, Cooper Craft brakes, and 72 spoke wire wheels.
This fabulous car is offered with a Jaguar Heritage certificate (number 35709) and original Jaguar Operating, Maintenance & Service Handbook, in additional to a substantial history file containing many invoices, receipts and MoT certificates. The Jaguar was last serviced at 41,487 miles, and currently stands at 44,405 miles.
Finished in a very handsome shade of Gunmetal Grey with a contrasting Wine Red interior, and suppplied with a fresh MoT, this is a great opportunity to own one of the best sorted XK150s in the country.