The Moto Guzzi Falcone was built from 1950 as a replacement for the the GTW model first produced in 1934. The Falcone was the last of the classic Guzzi singles with a horizontal four-stroke 500cc engine. The engine first saw the light of day in 1921 with a horizontal single-cylinder pushrod motor, with the ‘classic’ Mandello del Lario bore and stroke measurements of 88x82mm. The frame is a twin-tubed cradle design with telescopic forks and a rear swingarm with a spring under the engine and a pair of friction dampers.
By the mid-1950s the Falcone’s popularity was waning, partly due to the popularity of the rival Gilera Saturno. However, demand from the Italian Traffic Police (who used the Falcone up until the 1970s) and the Guardia di Finanza was enough to keep it in production, with updates to the bike due entirely to the demands of the boys in blue. For example, in 1957 the Falcone received improved trim and an electric start. Production finally ended in 1967 with the introduction of the new V7.
This military green Falcone is presented in lovely restored condition and comes with Italian Motorcycle Federation (FMI) certification.