Lancia’s Pininfarina-styled Flaminia saloon debuted at the 1956 Turin Motor Show. The Aurelia’s replacement, the Flaminia retained its predecessor’s mechanical layout, though the form of unitary construction was changed and Lancia’s traditional ‘sliding hub’ independent front suspension gave way to a more-modern double wishbone and coil-spring arrangement.
Shorter-wheelbase Coupé and Convertible models followed all featuring disc brakes and increased power. The 2,458cc V6 engine produced 119bhp when installed in the more sporting Flaminias.
This cherished example was delivered to its first Spanish owner in 1961. Superbly finished in metallic silver with a dark red leather interior, this Lancia is in superb condition and suitable for the most discerning collector. Clearly a point of pride for the current vendor, it has benefitted from an extensive and thorough mechanical overhaul in the last decade. The bodywork has also been invested in, as is clear from the very clean paintwork.