Lancia’s Pininfarina-styled Flaminia saloon debuted at the 1956 Turin Motor Show. The Aurelia’s replacement, the Flaminia retained its predecessor’s mechanical layout, though the form of unitary construction was changed and Lancia’s traditional ‘sliding hub’ independent front suspension gave way to a more-modern double wishbone and coil-spring arrangement.
Shorter-wheelbase Coupé and Convertible models followed all featuring disc brakes and increased power. The 2,458cc V6 engine produced 119bhp when installed in the more sporting Flaminias, with 140bhp available in the triple-carburettor ‘3C’ models from 1961, which was good enough for a top speed approaching 190km/h.
This wonderfully original Flaminia GT was first delivered to Italy where there were only two owners, the second of which owned the car from 1979 to 2006. At this time the car was brought to The Netherlands and the third and current vendor took ownership in 2008. Although this is a rare unrestored example, it has been duly cared for and maintained, with the engine being overhauled in the 1990’s and the clutch replaced in 2010. The brakes have also been renewed.
As with much of the car, the interior is original and showing a superb patina without looking tired. Presented in dark blue with contrasting red leather interior, this desirable 3C model is undoubtedly pretty and ready for its lucky next owner.