Lancia’s Pininfarina-styled Flaminia saloon debuted at the 1956 Turin Motor Show. The Aurelia’s replacement, the Flaminia retained its predecessor’s mechanical layout, though the form of unitary construction was changed and Lancia’s traditional ‘sliding hub’ independent front suspension gave way to a more-modern double wishbone and coil-spring arrangement.
Shorter-wheelbase Coupé and Convertible models followed, all featuring disc brakes and increased power. The 2,458cc V6 engine produced 119bhp when installed in the more sporting Flaminias, with 140bhp available in the triple-carburettor ‘3C’ models from 1961, which was good enough for a top speed approaching 190km/h.
Having been delivered to its first Italian owner on 18th February 1964 and registered in Naples, this superb Flaminia coupe still bears its initial vehicle registration 292432 NA to this day. Superbly finished in ivory white with light brown leather interior, this Touring bodied Superleggera Lancia is in superb original condition and suitable for the most discerning Lancia collector.