Gilera is one of the oldest Italian motorcycle brands, having been founded in 1909 by Giuseppe Gellera that first opened a small workshop in Corso XXII Marzo in Milan and later a factory in the village of Arcore, in the province of Monza and Brianza. The first motorcycle to bear this name was the VT 317. After the First World War produced Gilera bike 500 cm3 and started with these to participate and win in the most prestigious international competitions of the time. This engine had the side valves, only in the thirties the house began to use the valves in the head. Thus were born the Four Bolts 500 and Eight Bolts.
Immediately after the war (1946) the company introduced another of his models made history: the Saturn 500. The range was completed with different motion of small and mid-sized . The November 23, 1969 Gilera was acquired by the Piaggio Group. The new property effected significant investments across the range, especially focusing on off-road activities that had already brought honor and glory to the house Lombard (numerous victories in the International Six Days).
The Gilera 175 Regularity Competition is the ultimate expression in the off-road sector, created and designed for racing enduro for the riders was one of the most coveted motorcycle era.
One of only 1,300 built between 1969 and 1973, this motorbike has been owned for several years by President Gilera Club Italy, is in a state of absolute originality, having never been restored, and has valid Italian registration papers. This is a rare opportunity to buy a real pearl of the Italian motorcycle production.
For further information or to arrange a viewing, please contact our sales department.