The Eldorado is a personal luxury car manufactured and marketed by the Cadillac Division of General Motors from 1953 to 2002 over ten generations. Competitors included the Lincoln Mark series and the lower-priced Buick Riviera and Oldsmobile Toronado.
When GM’s full-size cars were redesigned for 1971, the heavier-looking Eldorado regained both a convertible model and its fender skirts. Sales in 1971 set a new record at 27,368 and by the time the rear quarter opera windows were introduced in 1972, sales had risen to 40,074 and by 1973 sales had soared to 51,451. At this point Eldorado’s now accounted for over a sixth of all Cadillac sales.
For 1973 styling was further revised to include parking lamps that wrapped around the body corners a rub molding that ran from behind the front wheels to the rear of the car and a flatter more streamlined bulge on the deck lid. Powering the Eldorado was Cadillac’s 500 cubic inch V-8 fed by a Rochester Quadrajet four-barrel carburetor to give 365 horsepower at 4400 rpm.
Finished in Cotillion White with red leather interior, this elegant Eldorado has 37,655 recorded miles. Provided with an especially fitted radio, the likes of which one could imagine a bounty hunter or under-cover police car to be equipped with, it is a truly interesting and fashionable car even today. Its Fisher styled interior appears to be in very good and original condition, a great example, not to be missed.