The Jensen Interceptors were hand-built at the Kelvin Way Factory, West Bromwich near Birmingham between 1966 and 1976. The Interceptor name had been used previously by Jensen for the Jensen Interceptor made between 1950 and 1957 at the Carters Green factory. Jensen had extensively used glass-reinforced plastic for the fabrication of body panels in the preceding two decades, but the new Interceptor saw a return to a steel body-shell. The body was designed by an outside firm, Carrozzeria Touring of Italy, rather than the in-house staff. The early bodies were built in Italy by Vignale, before Jensen took production in house, making some subtle body modifications. The Mark III, introduced in 1971, revised the front grille, headlamp finishers and bumper treatment again. It had GKN alloy wheels and air conditioning as standard and revised seats. It was divided into G-, H-, and J-series depending on the production year. The Interceptor may have taken some styling cues from the Brasinca Uirapuru, with a distinctive large, curving wrap-around rear window that doubled as a tailgate. The original specification included electric windows, reclining front seats, a wood rimmed steering wheel, radio with twin speakers, reversing lights and an electric clock. Power steering was included as standard from September 1968.
This matching numbers 7.2L V8 example is finished in white, with a beige vinyl roof and a biscuit coloured leather interior. The history is particularly comprehensive with maintenance and service history present as both hard copies and filed electronically. Extensive expenditure in 2010 and again in 2017 (£40,000+) is evident by the condition – this includes new front wings, front end, twins electronic fans and override switch. With a recent service, this rare Mk III Interceptor is ready to stretch its legs on the open road.