The French car manufacturer Bugatti started car production in 1909 in Molsheim in the Alsace region of France by the Italian born Ettore Bugatti. His cars were a force to be reckoned with on track in the mid to late 1920’s having drivers such as Louis Chiron piloting their race cars. During this time Bugatti were also producing some of the prettiest road cars. Between 1922 and 1934 Bugatti released a series of 8 cylinder models. The Type 44 was the widest-production variant of this range, with 1,095 known. A large enclosed tourer, it used a new 3-valve SOHC 3 L (2991 cc/182 in³) engine derived from the Type 43’s unit. It was built from late 1927 through to1930.
Teal or Trafford Engineering Automotive Limited was formed by three likeminded car enthusiasts with a shared desire to produce high quality yet cost effective Bugatti recreations. Built around a sectional chassis using traditional, period, engineering techniques these beautiful cars were bodied in hand crafted.
Offered with substantial service history this four seater tourer Teal is believed to be the last car to ever leave the Teal factory. Its burgundy aluminium coachwork is set off beautifully with the authentic tan interior. Offered with full weather equipment this would be the perfect car to attend a variety of events in the coming months. We are reliably informed the car always creates much attention and admiration where ever it goes.