fbpx

Lot 154 - 1988 Lancia Delta 8v Integrale

Subscribe to our Newsletter

£10,592

Auction THOROUGHBRED & VINTAGE AT FONTWELL HOUSE September 2016
Auction Date
Day of Auction

Lot Details

Lot Number 154
Reg. Number EU Taxes Paid
Chassis Number 00437667
Year 1988
Make Lancia
Model Delta 8V

+44 208 614 7888

Call Coys Auction Dept for more info
or use the enquiry form below.

Search

Enter the make/model/year you are interested in:

Description

After “Fruit of Giorgetto Giugiaro, was born in the fall of 1979 as a replacement for the Fulvia (which was discontinued in 1972).” 

We have to substitute he text with this one:

“But the Lancia Delta was not a direct heir to the Fulvia, the market changes led Lancia, like all other car manufacturers, to change its model range entering new segments on horseback between the old ones; The fact Fulvia was replaced first by the Lancia Beta and then (without deleting from the Beta) was proposed market the Delta which later was joined Lancia Prisma (successor of Beta); both they testified models an obvious growth of the middle range of the house, which now offered a compact hatchback (the Delta in fact) and the 3 volumes (Beta / Prisma) both successors of Fulvia.

In May 1986 it was in fact launched the Delta HF 4WD, designed for the general user in use. The traction is integral permanent; includes front differential, epicyclic central differential which distributes torque to 56% on the front axle and the remaining 44% on the rear axle, a locking viscous Ferguson joint applied to the central differential transfer case and rear differential Torsen. The center differential ensures a distribution of torque between the two axles in relation to the effective degree of adherence of the same.

It is with this car and its four successive evolutions (which by the term “4WD” pass to the name “Integrale”) that Lancia will begin its unmatched victories in rallies cycle: after five titles already made by the likes of cars Stratos and Rally 037, with the Lancia Delta will win the World Rally Championship for six consecutive times (1987-1992) while the drivers who drove this car won four titles: two with Miki Biasion (1988 and 1989) and two others with Juha Kankkunen (1987 and 1991).

At the beginning of 1988 it is launched the road version of the Delta Integrale (so-called “8 Valves”), basically a 4WD with wide track and curved fenders, engine 4WD brought to 185 hp and cockpit detail improvements. Versions only uncatalyzed. Towards the end of 1989 comes the version 16 200 HP valves, immediately recognizable by the bulge on the hood made necessary by the cylinder head, modified to accommodate the new distribution, and for the circles burnished wheel and channel increased to 7”. The breakdown the drive torque is increased to 47/53 front to rear. the car set is significantly altered by lowering it 20 mm while adopting suspension with greater travel.

The car on offer today is a Lancia Delta Integrale 8v in good general condition. It benefits from a recent new interior and sits on a new set of tyres. During a recent service, the brake discs were renewed. This Lancia Delta 8v is the version with open roof and it comes to the sale only with its Italian Libretto and the Coys bill of sale.”


Enquire

Your name

Email

Telephone

Message

Join the COYS Connoisseur Club and receive monthly COYS newsletters, regular updates & exclusive member benefits.