- For the first time ever, this year’s Classic & Sports Car Show will feature must-see on-road parades of stunning historic cars
- Taking place twice a day in the grounds of Alexandra Palace, the parades will feature everything from supercars to historic racing cars, set against the backdrop of the show’s iconic home and London’s incredible cityscape
- As well as thrilling engine notes, crowds will be treated to a live commentary and appearances from VIP guest drivers
- The show, which runs from 28th – 30th October, will also unveil the public-voted greatest supercar ever and feature a host of other must-see attractions, including an auction from Coys and an Interview Stage in association with Goodwood
- To vote for your favourite supercar and buy tickets, including new premium packages, head to the show’s all-new website: https://www.classicandsportscarshow.com
London, 13th September 2016
Visitors to this year’s Classic & Sports Car Show this autumn will be treated to the sight and sound of some of the world’s most iconic historic cars as they take part in a host of on-road parades in the grounds of Alexandra Palace.
Two stunning displays will take place each day over the course of the three day motoring celebration, which runs from 28th – 30th October, with classic cars, supercars, historic racers and much more revving up and motoring along the roads around the famous London venue.
The cars will drive from the Grove area of Alexandra Palace accelerating past the Palm Court entrance and along the incredible South Terrace – the historic front of Alexandra Palace – giving visitors an incredible chance to see these cars in action at one of London’s most amazing landmarks.
The London cityscape will create an ideal backdrop to enjoy the breath-taking cars in all their glory, as well as a perfect photo opportunity. VIP guest drivers will perch in the driver’s seats of the show’s iconic models, while a live commentary will keep visitors informed of what exactly is catching their eye.
James Elliott, Group Editor of Classic & Sports Car, added: “Our inaugural show last year saw a whopping 15,150 visitors pass through the gates, and this year we want it to be bigger and better. Six parades over the three days will give our visitors the perfect chance to enjoy their favourite classic cars, supercars and historic racing cars on the move in an incredible and unique London location. We’re really looking forward to getting the cars on the road and giving our fantastic guests even more to savour.”
The parade isn’t the only new addition to this year’s Classic & Sports Car Show. The show has also teamed up with Goodwood to create an unmissable line-up for this year’s Interview Stage. Guests set to appear include legends from across the world of automotive and motorsport. The event will be one of the first live experiences Goodwood has curated outside of the estate, bringing a touch of motorsport royalty to Alexandra Palace this autumn.
One of the major centrepiece features will be the unveiling of the greatest supercar of all time. To vote, simply go to the show’s all-new website www.classicandsportscarshow.com/supercars and pick your favourite from each group between now and 31st August.
Once all the first-round votes are in, the winners from each category will be pitted against each other in a final showdown with voting taking place throughout September. All the finalists will be on show, and the winner will be revealed in a spectacular multi-million pound display.
The show will also feature a classic car auction hosted by world-renowned auction house Coys as well as stands from some of the world’s best dealers.
Further details of the show’s content will be revealed over the coming months.